Jan 29, 2022 | Matt Redmond | 773 views
Update on Entering Arenas
The Municipality has provided an update on what to expect when entering our arenas on Monday, January 31. ***The main change is that you have to visit a website and do screening before entering the arena, Coronavirus (COVID-19) self-assessment (ontario.ca)
***Also, LSMHA no longer needs to have a volunteer at the door each ice time.
These updates are based on guidance from Lambton Public Health. Highlights are below:
Enhanced Vaccine Certificate
- Enhanced vaccine certificates containing QR codes are required for entry. Certificates can be either digital (e.g., screen shot on cell phone), or a paper copy.
- To download your digital or print QR code, please visit covid-19.ontario.ca/get-proof. Individuals can also visit their local library or call the Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre at 1-833-943-3900 to have their vaccine certificate mailed to them. You can also visit a Service Ontario centre to receive a printed copy.
- To be clear, entry will not be permitted without the enhanced vaccine certificate.
- ID is still required.
- Contract Tracing is no longer required under the new legislation.
- Active Screening is still required, however this is no longer the responsibility of the user group.
- Patrons will be required to complete the provincial screening tool prior to entering the facility: Coronavirus (COVID-19) self-assessment (ontario.ca) The facilities will have signage with a QR code to this website on the facility doors.
- Patrons MUST show a screen shot of their result to the door monitor .
- If the patron does not have a smart phone or cannot access the website, we will have a printed copy of the questions that they can read and attest to upon entry.
- The process will be communicated on the Municipal website and through social media. Please help us in sharing this message to your members in advance of attending the facility.
- Please note that the screening will be required each day, and must be completed for all persons attending the facility.
Thank you all for your continued patience.