Hello LSMHA Players and Parents.
The first two weeks of the hockey season are off to a great start and it's now time to bring our U6 group onto the ice and expand to both arenas.
The ice at the Thedford arena is now in and LSMHA will be starting to have practices/skill sessions at this arena on Thursday.
All of the requirements regarding number of players, number of spectators, dressing room requirements, 15 minute arrival time, masks, physical distancing, etc are the same at both the Forest and Thedford arenas.
The traffic flow for players and parents is significantly different between the arenas so a map of the Thedford arena is attached and has been posted at the bottom of this page.
Whether at the Thedford or Forest arena a team parent is required at the door for all on ice sessions (including practices, skills, and games).
Below is a reminder of what this task involves. If you have any questions please reach out to your Covid Team Rep or Lorna Nieuwenhuizen.
* The team Covid rep will set a rotating schedule designating a parent to sit at the door. If you can not make your scheduled shift it is your responsibility to switch with someone else as we absolutely have to have someone at the door at all times.
* Arrive 15 minutes before the start of the scheduled ice time and sit at the entrance to the arena lobby until 5 minutes remaining in the ice time. This includes after your team is on the ice so that you can prepare the sheets for the next group, ensure no one enters early, etc.
* Ensure all players and spectators entering the arena are wearing masks and using hand sanitizer.
* Obtain the OHF session participation tracking form and Lambton Shores facility tracing form from the clipboards. In Forest they will be stored in the side cabinet of the arena gate keepers desk and in Thedford they will be stored in a file cabinet in the front arena staff office.
* Complete the OHF session participation tracking form for all on ice participants (players, coaches, etc). This involves recording the individuals name, contact number, and asking the questions from the health screening questionnaire. A laminated copy of the health assessment screening questionnaire is located with the sign in sheets at both arenas.
* Complete the Lambton Shores facility tracking for all parents/guardians entering the arena, but not going on the ice. This involves recording the individuals name and contact number.
* Take a picture of both the OHF form and Lambton Shores form and email them to [email protected]
. In the email subject line below include the date, time, arena and player group (ex: Oct 1, Thedford, 7pm, U11-2)
* Place the completed forms in the filing cabinet in the back corner of the Forest Arena or in Thedford place them in the filing cabinet in the front arena office.
* With 5 minutes remaining in the ice time move to the arena exit door to ensure that all players, coaches, and parents from the team ice time have left the building.
THEDFORD ARENA MAP